After she had her fourth baby, 35-year-old mum Cas decided it was time to look after herself just in time to join The Healthy Mummy’s first 12 Week Challenge. With that, she had an amazing 7.5kg weight loss and continued with The Healthy Mummy to lose 16kg in 8 months and is feeling so much healthier, fitter and more energised.
Read more about her journey below…
After success with the 12 Week Challenge, this mum is celebrating 16kg weight loss in 8 months!
Cas is a mum to four kids under 8 years old that needs the energy to keep up with them. After having her fourth bub, she decided it was time to turn her focus back onto herself and her health. As a coincidence, The Healthy Mummy had just launched our 12 Week Challenge, so she jumped on board.
“My turning point to change my life and start my journey with The Healthy Mummy was after having my fourth bub. It was time to start looking after myself, for myself, my kids and my husband. And it was just at the right time because The Healthy Mummy just announced It was having its first 12 Week Challenge.”
“So in May 2021, I started my first weight loss challenge, and I lost 7.5 kilos in that first challenge. I have continued on and completed all of The Healthy Mummy Challenges and had a total weight loss of 16kgs and over 60cm.”
Cas has been maintaining her weight loss in the time since she hit her lowest weight.
“I lost in the first 8 months and have been maintaining since.”
So how did Cas get such amazing results and maintain them?
- “I had one or two Healthy Mummy Smoothies a day.”
- “And healthy meals for the rest of the day.”
- “Had 2-3L of water a day.”
- “Daily Healthy Mummy workouts.”
- “And a 30min walk every day.”
But it wasn’t just the weight loss success that Cas found following The Healthy Mummy. She’s feeling fitter, stronger and healthier than ever!
“I feel stronger, fitter and have more energy and better mental health because of that weight loss and reducing the number of unhealthy foods I was eating.”
And not just her physical health improved, Cas has also seen her mental health improve.
“I am physically stronger and fitter than I have ever been, and being physically stronger has changed my mental health. My mental health has become more positive, and I have less anxiety. I love where my journey is taking me, and I can’t wait to see the end result.”
Beyond the Healthy Mummy Challenges, Cas also incorporates The Healthy Mummy Smoothies and credits them as part of her weight loss success.
“I use the Healthy Mummy Smoothies, and I have a nice collection of Healthy Mummy Smoothies, but my favourite Healthy Mummy Smoothie is the Healthy Mummy Tummy Smoothie range and I love the chocolate flavour.”
Cas has a go-to smoothie recipe she uses every morning for breakfast as part of her routine.
“My favourite smoothie recipe is:
“It’s my go-to for breakfast!”
She also loves to include Smoothie Boosters to help increase the nutritional benefits of the Smoothies.
“Plus, I love the Healthy Mummy Skin skincare range. So good on my skin.”
Some of Cas and her family’s favourite Healthy Mummy recipes include:
“My favourite app workout is Afterburn with Jade. I just love it gets that heart pumping.”
Cas’s three tips for weight loss success:
- Drink water
- Stay consistent
- Enjoy the journey
Cas’s tips for mums who want to start?
With amazing weight loss success, what does Cas suggest as tips to other mums looking to kick off their weight loss journey.
- “Start small, change one thing at a time.”
- “Drink water it is so good for the body.”
- “Go for a walk it’s amazing how a walk can clear the mind and stop you from eating the food you don’t want to eat. Plus, as a bonus, you’re burning calories when doing it.”
- “Be kind to yourself.”
- “Run your own race this is your journey you are the only one that can make the changes. But remember, there are lots of people out there to support you.”
- “Take photos they are a great way to stay motivated throughout your journey.”
- “And if you have a bad day, that’s ok. Just start again tomorrow.”
Join our incredible community of supportive mums TODAY!
With hundreds of thousands of mums from all over Australia, all with the same goals, concerns, and struggles, our community is there to support you through it all.
Join the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge!
If you are interested in kickstarting your weight loss and want to improve your energy – not to mention – improve your overall health and wellbeing – our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge is an awesome program to check out.
Our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge includes:
- 28 days of at-home exercise routines (no gym needed) – with video instruction
- Customisable and breastfeeding-friendly meal plans (including a 7-day cleanse)
- Time-efficient exercises for busy mums – under 30 mins
- Challenge combines Pilates exercises with interval and circuit training (HIIT)
- Suitable for basic to advanced fitness levels
- Home to thousands of EASY-TO-MAKE recipes!
- Get DAILY support from tens of thousands of mums on the Challenge with you